I needed a userfriendly place to keep my recipes, you know, the ones that I had cut out from magazines, learnt from my mother, eaten in restaurants and at dinner with friends. What better way then to write them down in a blog; I have my own easily accessible database and I can share them with you. Apart from cooking food I do a weekly dinner menu for our little family including a shopping list of all ingredients. Stay tuned as I get myself sorted to post these on a weekly basis.


Thank you,

Josefin Aldell

Tuesday 29 November 2011

Salmon teriyaki

What a treat! Both kids licked their plates and my oldest, who's not very interested in eating anything that does not have chocolate in it, mumbled a quiet mmm after her first taste and asked for seconds. Salmon is always on the menu when my husband is not joining us for dinner as he is not very keen on it but I love it. Sometimes it is oven-baked with mushroom and asparagus risotto, other times in tin-foil with tomatoes, mozzarella and salami. Today it was served with homemade teriyaki sauce, basmati rice, chantenay carrots and broccoli. I apologise for the pictures, they look like they could have been found in a German autobahn restaurant...but a clean plate is worth taking a picture of when there has been salmon in it! 

Ingredients (for the three of us today)
2 salmon fillets (skin removed), cut into 2 cm chunks
2 tbsp japanese soy sauce
1 tbsp mirin
1 1/2 tbsp brown sugar
1 clove of garlic, pressed
1 tumbsize piece of fresh ginger
1 tbsp sesame oil 
sesame seeds

Preparation
Preheat the oven to 200ºC
Peel and grate the ginger, squeeze out the juice in a bowl, then discard the fibrous left-overs. Add the rest of the ingredients to the ginger juice except the salmon and mix well until the sugar has dissolved. Add the salmon and leave in the fridge for an hour (or even over night so that dinner is prepared for the next day!). Pour the salmon and sauce into an oven-proof dish, sprinkle with sesame seeds and bake for 10 mins. Serve with rice and vegetables of your choice. 





6 comments:

  1. Great idea! I am a house wife and have a blog that helps women to become content with being a housewife. You can catch me on imastayathomewife@blogspot.com great start to your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am cooking this at the moment - the marinade seems divine. Thanks for all the inspiration. Exactly what I needed. We loved the Italian meatballs as well. Worked very well the day after too, in a meatball sandwich, according to Charlie. x Marianne

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am thrilled you like the recipes! Good idea about the meatball sandwich, I am sure Pontus would love that too. Thanks for your kind words!
    Josefin

    ReplyDelete
  4. OK - this this was soooo good - delicious. Charlie was ecstatic. Now I am making the granola as well. Hahha. Kram Marianne

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you Josefin, I have to say, it was the easiest fish dish I have ever made and it was mind blowingley good! I cannot wait to try more of your amazing recipes..Well done and good luck.x Joanna

    ReplyDelete