I needed a userfriendly place to keep my recipes, you know, the ones that I had cut out from magazines, learnt from my mother, eaten in restaurants and at dinner with friends. What better way then to write them down in a blog; I have my own easily accessible database and I can share them with you. Apart from cooking food I do a weekly dinner menu for our little family including a shopping list of all ingredients. Stay tuned as I get myself sorted to post these on a weekly basis.


Thank you,

Josefin Aldell

Tuesday 15 November 2011

Harvest from the local farmers' market

We have a house in Sweden where we try to spend time whenever we can to get away from the hectic life of London. It is in the south of Sweden in an area abundant with growers and farmers. I love getting my meat, fish, vegetables and fruit in shops that stock their produce. Not only is the taste unbeatable but it feels fantastic to be able to travel around the area and look out onto to the fields telling the kids that those potatoes growing out there is what we are having for dinner! How wonderful then that we, since the end of September, have our own farmers' market just around the corner here in London. Here are some pictures of a few things we bought there on Sunday. Today's dinner menu was pork and apple sausages (also from the farmers market http://www.fossewayorganics.co.uk/index.htm) with potato and jerusalem artichoke mash. I meant to serve with sauteed brussels sprouts with toasted almonds and onions but as often happens when you have two young children hugging your knees I ended up just blanching them. Recipe to follow of the mash.





No comments:

Post a Comment