I needed a userfriendly place to keep my recipes, you know, the ones that I had cut out from magazines, learnt from my mother, eaten in restaurants and at dinner with friends. What better way then to write them down in a blog; I have my own easily accessible database and I can share them with you. Apart from cooking food I do a weekly dinner menu for our little family including a shopping list of all ingredients. Stay tuned as I get myself sorted to post these on a weekly basis.


Thank you,

Josefin Aldell

Tuesday 15 November 2011

Poilane

My mother came to visit last week and one of the things she and I are good at is shopping! When she is here, we will always spend a few hours on Kings Road as it is fairly close to were we live. The only problem on these outings (apart from the fact that we spend too much money) is where to eat and drink around Sloane Square. Our problems are now solved as Poilane, the French bakery, has opened just opposite Peter Jones.  It looks absolutely gorgeous and of course the breads have all the attributes I love; stone-ground flour, sourdough and baked in wood-fired ovens. Their first bakery opened in St Germain in Paris in 1932 and in London in 2000. It took Lionel Poilane 2 years to get permission to use a wood-fired oven; the Great Fire of London in 1666 began in a bakery. Good thing my mother has already booked her next trip here!


No comments:

Post a Comment