I needed a userfriendly place to keep my recipes, you know, the ones that I had cut out from magazines, learnt from my mother, eaten in restaurants and at dinner with friends. What better way then to write them down in a blog; I have my own easily accessible database and I can share them with you. Apart from cooking food I do a weekly dinner menu for our little family including a shopping list of all ingredients. Stay tuned as I get myself sorted to post these on a weekly basis.


Thank you,

Josefin Aldell

Wednesday 16 November 2011

Sourdough

Walking in at the new Poilane bakery and also buying my weekly fruit and nut sourdough bread at the local Pain Quotidien café made me eager to try and do my own sourdough base. The glass jar is now safely tucked away in the cupboard next to the fridge. The sourdough, a base of just water and organic wheat and rye flour, needs air and a nice warm place to start producing those lactobacillus bacteria that is so healthy for you. Feed it with more water and flour every day and then after a few days it is ready to be used in your own pain au levain. Mine will have lots of dried fruits and nuts to balance that tangy taste of the sourdough. 

No comments:

Post a Comment