I needed a userfriendly place to keep my recipes, you know, the ones that I had cut out from magazines, learnt from my mother, eaten in restaurants and at dinner with friends. What better way then to write them down in a blog; I have my own easily accessible database and I can share them with you. Apart from cooking food I do a weekly dinner menu for our little family including a shopping list of all ingredients. Stay tuned as I get myself sorted to post these on a weekly basis.


Thank you,

Josefin Aldell

Wednesday 23 November 2011

Granola



What did I have for breakfast before I had Granola? I am obsessed with it and almost panic if I find my granola jar low on stock. I bought a packet of Granola from Le Pain Quotidien http://www.lepainquotidien.co.uk about a year ago and loved it. The packets are ridiculously small though and I would constantly run out. A very good friend of mine said she did her own so I asked for her recipe, looked up a few others, then ended up with this. Eat it with Greek (or Turkish or Russian, whatever you prefer) natural yogurt and some fresh fruit and you have packed your breakfast with vitamins, minerals and healthy fats. But don't tell me I didn't warn you, it is completely addictive. Ah and by the way, for those of you thinking about your eco footprint the blueberries in the picture were bought by mistake (they are from South Africa!!!) my oldest smuggled them into the basket while shopping at our local deli http://elizabethking.com/. At this time of year we stock up on frozen ones. Raspberries from West Sussex though. 

Ingredients
Preheat oven to 175ºC
250 g of rolled oats
3 dl each of walnuts, cashews, pecans
2 dl each of almonds, hazelnuts, pistachios, sesame seeds, pumpkin seeds, sunflowers seeds, sultanas, raisins, chopped dried apricots
1 dl rape seed oil
2 tbsp agave syrup (high degree of sweetening but low glycemic index)
(whenever I find dried unsweetened cranberries/blueberries etc I add some of these too)

Preparation
Add the oil and the syrup to a pan and heat until it starts bubbling, then remove from heat. Mix all ingredients except the dried fruit in a large bowl. Pour the oil and syrup mix and mix well until everything is covered. Put a baking sheet in a baking tin and add the mixture. Bake for about 30 mins turning every 5-7 mins. Leave to cool when done then add the dried fruits. Store in an airtight container for up to a month.






No comments:

Post a Comment