I needed a userfriendly place to keep my recipes, you know, the ones that I had cut out from magazines, learnt from my mother, eaten in restaurants and at dinner with friends. What better way then to write them down in a blog; I have my own easily accessible database and I can share them with you. Apart from cooking food I do a weekly dinner menu for our little family including a shopping list of all ingredients. Stay tuned as I get myself sorted to post these on a weekly basis.


Thank you,

Josefin Aldell

Saturday 12 November 2011

Beef Rydberg

Beef Rydberg is a Swedish dish named after a gentleman called Abraham Rydberg, who very kindly donated money to build a hotel in Stockholm called Hotel Rydberg. Here is the recipe for 2 people:

Ingredients:
300g beef fillet
1 yellow onion, finely chopped
4 medium sized potatoes
butter and oil for frying
salt and freshly ground black pepper
1 egg yolk still in its shells
large leef parsly
3 tsp dijon mustard 
4 tbsp creme fraiche
1-2 tsp honey

Peel the potatoes and cut them in 1 1/2 cm cubes, rinse with cold water. Cut the beef in same size cubes. 

Heat some butter and oil in a large frying pan and cook the onions until softened but not browned. Season with salt and pepper. Remove from pan but keep warm. 

Cook the potatoes in the same pan until golden, season, remove and keep warm. 

Brown the beef on high temperature so that it gets a nice colour, season. 

Mix onions, potatoes and beef in a serving dish. Sprinkle with chopped parsley and put an egg yolk in its shell on top. 

Serve with a sauce made of the creme fraiche, mustard and honey. Serve with blanched green beans and maybe a tomato salad. 





No comments:

Post a Comment