I needed a userfriendly place to keep my recipes, you know, the ones that I had cut out from magazines, learnt from my mother, eaten in restaurants and at dinner with friends. What better way then to write them down in a blog; I have my own easily accessible database and I can share them with you. Apart from cooking food I do a weekly dinner menu for our little family including a shopping list of all ingredients. Stay tuned as I get myself sorted to post these on a weekly basis.


Thank you,

Josefin Aldell

Saturday 19 November 2011

Kids' and grown ups' favourites



I had made a reservation at Zuma http://www.zumarestaurant.com for Friday night. It is one of my absolute favourite restaurants in London and because you need to book sort of 2 months in advance we rarely make it. So big anticipation and I was not disappointed. Killer sushi, sashimi, seared tuna, crispy fried squid combined with a great bar for enticing cocktails. 

Of course the kids needed a treat too. Their favourite food is homemade fish fingers with mash and peas, and on this occasion I also made pea pure with cream and butter. I usually do a large batch of fish fingers and keep them breadcrumb-coated in the freezer.  

Fish fingers
Ingredients 
400g haddock fillets
1 egg
1/2 dl milk
1/2 dl flour 2 dl breadcrumbs (preferably Japanese panko)
butter for frying
salt

Preparation
Mix the egg with the milk in a shallow bowl. Mix the flour with breadcrumbs on a plate. Cut the fish in fish finger like shapes and season with salt. Dip first in the milk/egg mix and then coat with the flour/breadcrumbs. Heat some butter in a frying pan and fry on medium heat until golden.

Pea pure
Ingredients
1 1/2 dl peas
1 dl cream
1 tbsp butter
salt and pepper to season

Preparation
Add the peas, cream and butter in a small pan. Season, to taste, with salt and pepper. Boil for 5 min then process with handmixer or blender. 

Serve with mash (potato and parsnip is another favourite). 

No comments:

Post a Comment