I needed a userfriendly place to keep my recipes, you know, the ones that I had cut out from magazines, learnt from my mother, eaten in restaurants and at dinner with friends. What better way then to write them down in a blog; I have my own easily accessible database and I can share them with you. Apart from cooking food I do a weekly dinner menu for our little family including a shopping list of all ingredients. Stay tuned as I get myself sorted to post these on a weekly basis.


Thank you,

Josefin Aldell

Monday 21 November 2011

Plaice with chorizo pesto



I am always on the lookout for appetizing fish recipes. My kids like fish so they are usually ok with most of them. My husband is not, he thinks they are fishy...but he liked this one, which is my own recipe. Pesto in all shapes and forms is a great way of adding taste to fish (or any other dish for that matter) and has so many variations. I used chorizo in this one.

Ingredients (for 2 adults and 2 young children)
6 plaice fillets (less if they are large)
1/2 dl of almonds
1/2 dl of breadcrumbs (preferably Japanese panko)
130 g of chorizo (or thereabout)
a handful of chopped flatleaf parsley
the zest of 1 lemon
2 tbsp of butter
salt

Preparation
Preheat the oven to 200ºC on grill

Add the almonds to a food processor and whiz until finely chopped. In another bowl mix the breadcrumbs, finely chopped chorizo, parsley, lemon zest and almonds.

Rinse the plaice fillets and then season with salt. Melt 1 tbsp of butter in a frying pan and add the plaice fillets skin-side down for 1-2 min then turn for 1 min.

Place the fish skin-side down in an oven-proof dish, add a small dollop of butter on each and then sprinkle the pesto over. Leave in oven until the pesto looks golden and chorizo has some colour so about 5 mins.

Serve with potato and parsnip mash (just boil potatoes and parsnips until soft, add butter and milk then mix with beaters until fluffy) as well as some blanched green beans.

Please be careful with the almonds if you have small children. They are such a good size for little hands as you can see...


No comments:

Post a Comment