I needed a userfriendly place to keep my recipes, you know, the ones that I had cut out from magazines, learnt from my mother, eaten in restaurants and at dinner with friends. What better way then to write them down in a blog; I have my own easily accessible database and I can share them with you. Apart from cooking food I do a weekly dinner menu for our little family including a shopping list of all ingredients. Stay tuned as I get myself sorted to post these on a weekly basis.


Thank you,

Josefin Aldell

Thursday 17 November 2011

Spag bol!

I know, it is the most boring dish ever so why even bother talking about it. Well, because it is so good, (come on, admit it) the kids love it and you can basically put anything you find in the fridge in it. Unless you are a real food police who will only cook the "real" version of ragĂș al Bolognese registered by the Accademia Italiana dela cucina in 1982 (beef, pancetta, onions, celery stalk, tomato paste, meat broth, red wine, milk, salt and pepper). The recipe below is my version (on this particular day that is).

Ingredients
400 g of aged minced beef
1-2 pork sausages (just because I had some left over)
2 cloves of garlic
1/2 red onion
2 small carrots
1/4 of a small celeriac
1 can of chopped tomatoes (and any left over tomatoes you may have)
2-3 tbsp thai fish sauce
zest of 1 lemon and juice of 1/2
1 tbsp honey
a few sprigs of lemon thyme
flat leaf parsley to serve
salt and pepper
olive oil
parmesan cheese

Preparation
Chop the onion and garlic finely, grate the carrots and celeriac. Heat a pan with olive oil and cook until soft but not browned. Remove from pan.

Remove the skin from the sausages, put the them and the beef in the pan and cook through. Then add back the onion, garlic, carrot and celeriac as well as chopped tomatoes, fish sauce, lemon zest and juice, honey, lemon thyme, salt and pepper. Cook for about 15 mins. Serve with pasta of your choice, chopped parsley and grated parmesan cheese.

No comments:

Post a Comment