I needed a userfriendly place to keep my recipes, you know, the ones that I had cut out from magazines, learnt from my mother, eaten in restaurants and at dinner with friends. What better way then to write them down in a blog; I have my own easily accessible database and I can share them with you. Apart from cooking food I do a weekly dinner menu for our little family including a shopping list of all ingredients. Stay tuned as I get myself sorted to post these on a weekly basis.


Thank you,

Josefin Aldell

Thursday 1 December 2011

Carrot soup



The mother of my daughter's school friend said she often cooks soup for her kids and amazingly they eat it. I have tried several times and failed. Well, let's give it another try, I thought, as I looked through one of my favourite cook books. I found this unassuming little carrot soup, checked the ingredients, made it and, oh goodness, it was fabulous, did I actually make this?!

So, you ask, did the kids eat it? Nope, is the answer, but you know what, it did not matter because I had their portions too before saving this (smallish) bowl for my husband!

The original recipe (in Swedish again I am afraid) can be found at the below link. I changed my soup a little bit though. http://hemmafru.taffel.se/2009/04/03/randig-morotssoppa-med-vanilj-citron-och-kanel/

Ingredients (four our small family)
1 kg organic carrots
1 cinnamon stick
1 lime leaf (can be excluded)
50 g butter
1/2 tsp vanilla bean dusting
1 lemon
1-1 1/2 tbsp agave (or maple) syrup
creme fraiche to serve

Preparation
Peel and chop the carrots. Put them in a pan with the cinnamon stick and lime leaf and add water to cover plus a little bit more.  Leave to cook until very tender. Remove the cinnamon stick and lime leaf. Mix the carrots and its water with a hand mixer into a purée. Add the butter, vanilla, lemon zest, the juice of half (add more if you want) and syrup. Add water to thin if necessary. Salt and pepper to taste. Pour into bowls and add a dollop of creme fraiche for serving.

No comments:

Post a Comment