I needed a userfriendly place to keep my recipes, you know, the ones that I had cut out from magazines, learnt from my mother, eaten in restaurants and at dinner with friends. What better way then to write them down in a blog; I have my own easily accessible database and I can share them with you. Apart from cooking food I do a weekly dinner menu for our little family including a shopping list of all ingredients. Stay tuned as I get myself sorted to post these on a weekly basis.


Thank you,

Josefin Aldell

Wednesday 14 March 2012

Chinese pancakes

For some reason I have to plan family weekend dinners better than mid-week ones.We tend to spend most of the day out and about and by the time we get back dinner needs to be quick and easy.  But then again I do want them to be a bit more luxurious then normal. Not an easy task but last Sunday's was seriously good. Slices of pork shoulder marinated in soy sauce then roasted in the oven for an hour. Tender and juicy, placed on a chinese pancake with spring onions, cucumber, roasted plums, hoisin sauce and sesame seeds. Works for the family but I'd easily treat friends to it too. There is only so much messing about with, filling pancakes and trying to eat it by yourself when you are only 20 months, that I can take so I had cooked some rice for the kids too.  

I got another cookbook over the weekend so am going to try and sit down with a cup of tea and imagine making the recipes and tasting the dishes in a little bit. I am starting to compile recipes for the summer already. Things that we can eat after spending a whole day at the little beach by our summer house in Sweden or when friends come over to enjoy the long summer nights. Yep, definitely slightly obsessed with cooking since I am at the same time starting to think about what to treat my relatives to this Christmas when we will be hosting it for the first time! Endless searches on favourite foodblogs and flicking through cookbooks. 
Ingredients (for the 4 of us)
3 slices of sliced pork shoulder (the butcher will slice it for you), about 1,5cm
1/2 dl of Chinese or dark soy sauce
8 plums
1 bunch of spring onions
1/4 cucumber
2 tbsp sesame seeds
hoisin sauce
10 chinese pancakes

Preparation
Preheat the oven to 175°C. Rub the soy sauce on both sides of the pork slices. Place on a baking sheet in a baking tray and cook for 1 hour, perhaps a bit longer depending on your oven.

Halve the plums and remove the stones. Sprinkle some salt on to the fruity side of the plums. Once the meat has cooked for 30 mins, place the plums, fruity side up, on top of the meat. 

Peel and slice the cucumber into 'juliennes", do the same with the spring onions. Dry roast the sesame seeds in a pan until they are golden brown. 

Remove the meat from the oven and slice it finely. Let everyone do their own pancakes with hoisin sauce, pork slices, plums, cucumber, spring onion and sesame seeds. 

No comments:

Post a Comment