I needed a userfriendly place to keep my recipes, you know, the ones that I had cut out from magazines, learnt from my mother, eaten in restaurants and at dinner with friends. What better way then to write them down in a blog; I have my own easily accessible database and I can share them with you. Apart from cooking food I do a weekly dinner menu for our little family including a shopping list of all ingredients. Stay tuned as I get myself sorted to post these on a weekly basis.


Thank you,

Josefin Aldell

Thursday 15 March 2012

Childfriendly tuna pasta

I really like this simple tomato based tuna sauce. It's basically my bolognese recipe but with tuna instead of veal or beef. The kids love it which is why it's called childfriendly. I do have another recipe which is the unchildfriendly one as its a mix of basically everything my kids don't like. Anchovies, capers, olives and chili to name a few. 

This week I have also made a jerusalem artichoke soup (for adult indulging), a filo pastry pie with lamb (not greatly appreciated by the kids but I loved it), chicken skewers on lemongrass (Mummy, I like the chicken lollipop). Monday was salmon teriyaki. Tomorrow the kids will probably need something familiar so perhaps meatballs or bolognese. I am spending the weekend husband-less so will stick to simplest of the simplest to survive! 
Ingredients
Pasta of your choice (this is a very girly household so we chose butterflies today)
1 tin of tuna (I use white tinned tuna)
1 tin of chopped tomatoes
2 anchovy fillets
2 mini or 1 small zucchini
1 onion
2 cloves of garlic
zest of 1 lemon and juice of half
1dl of water
1/2 tbsp of honey
1 bunch of parsley
Maybe 1 tbsp of vegetable liquid stock
salt and black pepper

Preparation
Cook the pasta according to instructions. 

Peel and chop the garlic and onion finely. Grate the zucchini (or just slice finely on a mandolin). Grate the lemon zest. Chop the parsley. 

Heat a pan and add some olive oil, then add the anchovies, garlic, onion and zucchini. Cook it until the onion is transparent and the anchovies have melted. Then add the chopped tomatoes, lemon zest, and lemon juice, water, honey and salt and pepper to taste. If you want you can add the liquid stock. 

Let it simmer for 10 mins, then add the tuna and separate it with a fork into small pieces, add the parsley and remove from heat. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Serve with lots of parmesan cheese and a green salad (or green beans for the kids). 

No comments:

Post a Comment