I needed a userfriendly place to keep my recipes, you know, the ones that I had cut out from magazines, learnt from my mother, eaten in restaurants and at dinner with friends. What better way then to write them down in a blog; I have my own easily accessible database and I can share them with you. Apart from cooking food I do a weekly dinner menu for our little family including a shopping list of all ingredients. Stay tuned as I get myself sorted to post these on a weekly basis.


Thank you,

Josefin Aldell

Thursday 8 March 2012

Chicken with Pimenton de la Vera


Things are really busy around here. I am still cooking every day but for some reason when I intend to sit down and share the recipes I have kind of forgotten the quantities of all the ingredients I use. Well, I will just have to make them again then! Here's a really easy chicken casserole with a favourite spice, Pimenton de la Vera, smoked paprika powder. It's what makes Chorizo taste chorizo. My kids love chorizo so now I can make them eat chorizo without actually serving it. 

This casserole has chicken, parsnips and carrots. I served it with rice and green vegetables. Quick and easy. Original recipe here which I have changed. Chorizogryta utan chorizo

Ingredients
400 g chicken thigh fillets, cut in chunks
100 g pancetta, in cubes
1 clove of garlic, peeled and sliced
6 small onions, peeled
2 small carrots, peeled and cut in small pieces
1 parsnip, peeled and cut in small pieces
1 tin of chopped tomatoes
1 tsp pimenton de la vera, dulce
1 dl of white wine
1 tbsp of liquid chicken stock
olive oil
salt and pepper

Preparation
Heat a little bit of olive oil in a pan (one with a lid) and add the pancetta. Cook until crips, remove from pan. Add the garlic, onions, carrots and parsnip. Cook until the they have a nice golden colour, then remove. Add the chicken and cook until golden, then add a little bit of olive oil in a corner of the pan and add the pimenton in the oil. Stir a bit and then add back the pancetta, vegetables, chopped tomatoes, wine and stock. Stir and add salt and pepper. Put the lid on and cook for about 20 mins on a low heat. Then serve with rice or other grains and green vegetables of your choice. 



No comments:

Post a Comment