I needed a userfriendly place to keep my recipes, you know, the ones that I had cut out from magazines, learnt from my mother, eaten in restaurants and at dinner with friends. What better way then to write them down in a blog; I have my own easily accessible database and I can share them with you. Apart from cooking food I do a weekly dinner menu for our little family including a shopping list of all ingredients. Stay tuned as I get myself sorted to post these on a weekly basis.


Thank you,

Josefin Aldell

Tuesday 6 December 2011

Sausage bake with tomato sauce and lentils

Not the most sophisticated dish. Although the "with tomato sauce and lentils" at the end of the name does give it a bit more flair...On Tuesdays my oldest has ballet after school so we need something quick and easy and this is. It can be prepared beforehand and just baked in the oven for 15 mins before serving. Tomorrow we return to the more glamorous world of cooking with "New Style Sashimi"...see you then! 

Ingredients
6 sausages (I used fennel and lemon veal ones today but my preferred is chorizo for this dish)
1 dl red lentils
1 can of chopped tomatoes
1 dl water
1 tbsp chicken stock
1 tbsp balsamic vinegar
2 cloves of garlic, finely chopped
2 tsp honey or agave syrup
some chopped flat leaf parsley
2 dl of breadcrumbs (panko or just some old white bread that you pulse in a food processor)
olive oil
salt and pepper

Preparation
Preheat the oven to 200ºC.
Wash the lentils thoroughly then place drained lentils in a pan and cover with cold water. Simmer briskly for 10 minutes than reduce heat and simmer for another 10 mins.

If the sausages are quite large cut them into smaller pieces. Heat some olive oil in a frying pan and brown the sausages for 5 minutes, then place in an ovenproof baking dish.

In a bowl mix the can of chopped tomatoes with 1 dl of water, chicken stock, balsamic vinegar, garlic, honey or agave syrup, parsley and add salt and pepper to taste. Add the cooked lentils and then pour everything over the sausages. Top with the breadcrumbs and some olive oil. Place in the oven and bake for 15 mins. Cover with tin foil if the breadcrumbs browns too quickly and continue to bake until ready. Serve with couscous and vegetables.


2 comments:

  1. Kommer inte att ge mig förrän du lägger ut receptet pa dina ugnsbakade rotfrukter...

    ReplyDelete