I needed a userfriendly place to keep my recipes, you know, the ones that I had cut out from magazines, learnt from my mother, eaten in restaurants and at dinner with friends. What better way then to write them down in a blog; I have my own easily accessible database and I can share them with you. Apart from cooking food I do a weekly dinner menu for our little family including a shopping list of all ingredients. Stay tuned as I get myself sorted to post these on a weekly basis.


Thank you,

Josefin Aldell

Thursday 2 February 2012

Weekly menu and shopping list

Dear readers, 

I have taken the leap into committing to offering up the service of a suggested weekly menu including a shopping list. I will put together a menu of already existing recipes from this blog, add a shopping list and post it every Thursday (or so I'll try) so you have time to do the relevant shopping for the following week. In the meantime I am trying out new recipes on my little family and if they are received with standing ovations, empty plates and full tummies I'll post them here for you to try out too.  

This week I've done a lamb shank recipe from my favourite food blogger and another recipe of adobe from the Swedish food blogger of the year 2011. They were only just ok on my palate but I've had a bad cold which might have played up with my taste buds. The rest of the family seemed to like them both. Recipes now up for re-trial. 
Lamb shanks with couscous, peaches and pistachios


Weekly menu Feb 6, 2012
Monday: Kalops
Tuesday: Salmon Teriyaki (I have doubled the recipe in the shopping list to be enough for 4 people)
Thursday: Coq au vin
Friday: Italian meatballs (for a good batch and some to put in the freezer)

Shopping list
400 g chuck steak 
4 salmon fillets 
400g lamb mince
4 chicken thigh fillets
800 g minced beef
100 g cubed pancetta
1 egg
3 dl of milk
1 dl grated parmesan
a dollop of greek yogurt 
4 carrots
2 parsnips
4 onions

6-8 small brown or red onions
12 cloves of garlic
1 tumbsize piece of fresh ginger
2 portabella mushrooms
2 handfuls of babyplum or cherry tomatoes
a couple of sprigs of lemon thyme
1 dl frozen soya beans
zest of 1 lemon
25 g of chopped parsley
2 cans of chopped tomatoes (or fresh tomatoes)
1 dl of white wine
1 dl red wine
1 tin of chickpeas
1 dl creamed coconut (or open a tin of coconut milk and use only the thick cream that usually gathers at the top of the tin)
1 1/2 tbsp brown sugar
2 tbsp honey
1/2 tbsp balsamic vinegar
1 1/2 dl breadcrumbs
6 apricots, chopped
1 pomegranate (for two dinners)
1 small bunch of fresh mint leaves
2 tbsp corn flower
3 tbsp chicken stock 
2 tbsp veal stock
3 bay leaves
10 allspice berries
1 tsp white peppercorns

2 tbsp japanese soy sauce
1 tbsp mirin
1 tbsp sesame oil 
sesame seeds
1 tsp cardamom seeds
2 cinnamon sticks


butter
olive oil

Good night! 

No comments:

Post a Comment