I needed a userfriendly place to keep my recipes, you know, the ones that I had cut out from magazines, learnt from my mother, eaten in restaurants and at dinner with friends. What better way then to write them down in a blog; I have my own easily accessible database and I can share them with you. Apart from cooking food I do a weekly dinner menu for our little family including a shopping list of all ingredients. Stay tuned as I get myself sorted to post these on a weekly basis.


Thank you,

Josefin Aldell

Thursday 12 January 2012

Salmon parcels with olive oil, salami, basil, tomatoes and mozzarella


I know,  the story about eating salmon when my husband is travelling is getting old but it is totally worth it because this is delicious. Salmon wrapped in foil accompanied by olive oil, salami, basil, fresh tomatoes and mozzarella. Just reading that sentence is mouth watering. After dinner, my 4-year old, who's been going through an anti-Mummy streak this week, softly said "mummy, please can I have some more salmon" and later on after dinner "mummy, I have thought about what we had for dinner tonight and it was so good, please can we have it tomorrow too". I will happily admit that I have been purposely "starving' the kids giving them only one piece of fruit at school pick-up and what a difference it makes at dinner time. But there can be no dragging feet when preparing dinner or they'll be raiding the snack cupboard. I am glad it is Friday tomorrow so I can loosen the grip a bit on the military regime I am running here at the moment. Not quite there yet though so tonight I have managed to cook dinner, tidy the kitchen, get the kids in bed, prepare for tomorrow's breakfast, do the laundry, feed the sourdough AND I have a chilli con carne slowly simmering on the stove for tomorrow's dinner party. As you can see this energy spurt is bound to run out by the weekend. Well, that's ok, I'll just hand over the reins to my husband. I am sure he'll be delighted as he's been travelling all week! At ease and enjoy the salmon parcels: 

Ingredients (for 4 people)
4 salmon fillets
8 salami slices (I used Unearthed Milano Salami)
8 large basil leaves
4 plum tomatoes
1 packet of mozzarella
olive oil, salt and black pepper

Preparation
Preheat the oven to 200ºC. Place each salmon fillet on a piece of aluminium foil large enough to wrap around into a parcel. Add a slug of olive oil to each fillet, season with salt a pepper. Then layer with salami, basil, sliced tomatoes and sliced mozzarella. Close the aluminium foil. Place the parcels in a baking tray and leave for 15 minutes. Take care when opening the parcels! They'll be steaming hot. Serve with potato wedges or mash. 

1 comment:

  1. Fantastic! My kids love it... I use a cooking bag for the salmon as I find that it retains more of the liquid. Also goes really well with Quinoa.

    Thanks for sharing!

    Monica Bergvall

    ReplyDelete