I needed a userfriendly place to keep my recipes, you know, the ones that I had cut out from magazines, learnt from my mother, eaten in restaurants and at dinner with friends. What better way then to write them down in a blog; I have my own easily accessible database and I can share them with you. Apart from cooking food I do a weekly dinner menu for our little family including a shopping list of all ingredients. Stay tuned as I get myself sorted to post these on a weekly basis.


Thank you,

Josefin Aldell

Tuesday 17 January 2012

Default food


Since starting this blog I have made an effort to cook new food a couple of days a week but some days you need to do something that you know works and can be made with minimal effort. I make it even easier on myself by preparing either the day before or during my little ones mid-day nap. For this dish all you need to do is to chop the vegetables, wrap the fish and put it in an oven-proof dish. Then, when you get home everything can be done with one hand while the other hand is stuck around a couple of chubby legs that squeezes around one of your hips. The whole family ate with good appetite and half of us are now asleep in their beds while the remaining ones are almost asleep in front of each other with a computer each.

Parma wrapped haddock with risotto
Ingredients
as many fish fillets as you think your family will eat
enough parma ham to wrap around the fish
baby plum or cherry tomatoes
a lemon
olive oil
salt and pepper
sugar

any type of onion
2 cloves of garlic
some sort of mushrooms
any other vegetables you like for example courgette, peas, asparagus, mange tout, soya beans
some left over white wine
vegetable stock (I use liquid stock+hot water)
2 dl of risotto rice
butter and olive oil
Parmesan cheese

Preparation
Pre-heat the oven to 200ºC.
Pour a little oil in an oven-proof dish, season the fish fillets with salt and pepper, wrap them with ham, place in the oven-proof dish. Place the tomatoes around and on top, pour some olive oil over the tomatoes and the fish and sprinkle a little sugar on the tomatoes. Place the dish in the oven and bake for about 15 mins depending on the thickness of the fillets.

While the fish is baking, chop the onion, garlic, mushrooms and courgettes. Pour some olive oil and a dollop of butter in a pan. Cook the onion, garlic, mushrooms and courgettes until all the moisture has been absorbed then add the rice and stir for a few seconds. Then add the wine and let it absorb, then add a some water mixed with stock at a time and stir. Cook until the rice is soft but still has a chewy centre. Then add some grated parmesan, soya beans and black pepper. Squeeze some lemon on the fish and serve. 

No comments:

Post a Comment